Monday, August 4, 2008

Packing (to go on a trip!)

Everyone complains when it comes time to pack before going on a trip: so tedious! I usually wait until the last minute and then start chucking way more than I will ever need on my trip into one of my cheap, battered suitcases. But I believe even I think that packing to go on a trip is secretly fun. "Ugh, I'm packing," you complain to your friend Cindy-Sue, while all the while your subtext says, "I'm getting the hell out of here! Have fun checking my mail, loser." You are one place now and in a few days you will be in a new place and shaking up your daily routine in that place. If you find yourself going back to a place where you could easily reinstall your old daily routine (i.e. back home to sleep in your childhood bed and watch teen dramas on The N all day), then I suggest packing a buddy as well. Then you can spend less time worrying whether Paige has HIV and more time snapping photos of your buddy in front of various landmarks. Stay tuned for next month, when I'll review Packing (to move!). Spoiler: not as much fun.

RATING: 68%

4 comments:

Chris said...

I also slightly enjoy packing because it's kind of a puzzle, but way more fun because you can make the pieces fit. That doesn't work on a real puzzle. Also, don't forget to roll any clothes (as shown in photograph) to prevent wrinkles!

Chris said...

P.S. - I wish I was going to NY, then I could just eat a lot of really good food. Instead, I guess I'm just the loser checking mail. Wah.

LoCo said...

You are not! You are performing life-sustaining functions to two very dear individuals.

Chris said...

That's true. I think the three of us have a special bond now. They don't always act like they remember me, but I think they really do.