Friday, August 22, 2008

Grand Theft Auto IV

Grand Theft Auto is a video game series where you steal cars and murder babies with your bare hands. Well, the second part isn't true, but the way it gets demonized you'd think it was. Anyway, I just finished the "fourth" one in the series (really, there are like eight or something, but this one is called "four"), and it was pretty amazing. A lot of people are calling it the best game ever, and while I agree it's up there I do not think it is better than Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas or Megaman 2. The difference between this game and the other GTAs is that the story and characters in this game are much more realistic, so I found myself actually caring about Niko, the main character, in a way I never did about any of the previous protagonists. A lot of depressing stuff happens to Niko, and maybe it's kind of a spoiler but I was a little depressed with how the story turned out for him. On the bright side you get to do a lot of jumps and the graphics and gameplay and everything about this game is astonishing.

RATING: 95%

5 comments:

John said...

Megaman 2 was fucking sweet. That part where the dragon chases you and knocks away the blocks you're jumping on? Amazing. I could never beat quick man without the time stopper.

DCP said...

Remember how the NES would slow down in a lot of complex parts of games, like that dragon part? Well, I got the Megaman collection for PS2, and when I played Megaman 2 that dragon part didn't slow down, and it was about ten times harder.

LoCo said...

Making your character jump to his "death" on GTA IV is terrifying. He screams a lot and falls for a really long time. :(

John said...

You guys have far too much empathy for fictional characters. Have you considered adopting a Rawandan child?

LoCo said...

Nico... Suave.