Friday, August 1, 2008

The X-Files: I Want To Believe

I really wanted to believe this was going to be a good movie (punchline!), but it actually really sucked. It was like watching an extended episode of the show, and while that isn't necessarily too bad the movie didn't live up to the low expectations I had going into it. Sure, the dynamics between Mulder and Scully were there (they were pretty good but pretty played out), and the plot was incredibly disappointing even for an episode. I guess after 10 years people were (and should've been) expecting a lot more for what I hope is now the last incarnation of this series. Also, what idiot decided to release this film a week after The Dark Knight? I don't know how that all works, but it seems like a pretty stupid move. I could have seen Batman again, but oh well.

RATING: 37%

No comments: