Monday, August 25, 2008

Double Entendre

Sometimes in life you hear someone use a double entendre, and you kind of smile a little or maybe chuckle because sure it's stupid, but it might be a little humorous. It can even be a pretty smart thing to use every now and then, I think. Other times in life, though, TV networks insult our intelligence and create an entire lineup based around show names like "The Closer", "Saving Grace" and "Raising The Bar". Don't forget the critically-acclaimed new A&E show "The Cleaner" premiering this Fall. Obviously since a double entendre usually requires some additional knowledge I suggest visiting the movie theater this weekend and watching the TV commercials. Then you'll find the humor in this often misused, but clever figure of speech.

RATING: 30% (when used in everyday dialogue) 9% (when used for TNT shows)

4 comments:

John said...

Remember when movies didn't have a half hour of car commercials and celebrity trivia beforehand? Next thing you know, they'll probably have commercials mid-movie.

LoCo said...

If I could call the cable company and request that they give me every channel *but* TNT, I would.

Chris said...

I was just about to write a review about commercials at the theaters. I still remember the first time I ever saw one and I was like WTF?!

Bryan said...

Your mom's a double entendre.

...I hate comedy.