Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Winning 1st Place

So I guess winning 1st place is pretty nice after all. Some things are easy to win (like a spelling bee against a baby) and others are really difficult (like trivia at the Harp). I think 1st place is better than 2nd because "they" (by that I mean the No Fear! t-shirts) say 2nd is just the first loser, and it's better than 3rd because that's like saying "nice try, but better luck next time...loser". Imagine you're that Serbian swimmer who almost beat Michael Phelps, but not really. No one even remembers that guy now. Like I said I'm not a fan of gold, but when gold looks green and it's worth $220 USD then you don't really give a damn what it's made out of.

RATING: 99%

PS - I'd like to add that it's important to be a good sport, but obviously some of us have real "intellectual" egos.

3 comments:

John said...

If you think babies are lousy spellers, you should box one sometime. They fall down after you hit them once!

Anonymous said...

Damn! Of course you win the week I'm gone.

LoCo said...

Any victories were won in your name, Sean.