Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bones

#100 on Chris' Bottom 100 Movie List

PLOT: Snoop Dogg plays a drug kingpin loved by the neighborhood (I guess because people loved drugs in that neighborhood?) who is killed by a corrupt cop and an old jealous "associate". His spirit then comes back in the body of a black dog named (guess what?) Bones. Then he kills a lot of people.

Obviously Snoop Dogg is an awful actor, but I thought Snopp Dogg was about as charming as you can possibly find a gangster. He was not as fun after he was resurrected, which is sad because things should be more fun when you don't have to worry about a job or paying bills. If I were a ghost I would let the bad stuff in my last life go because now you can just go around and scare everyone. Why so much anger? Let it go! Get out there and have some fun now. I feel like this is a terrible rip-off of a terrible Nightmare On Elm Street. Uh, like Freddy's Dead.

RATING: 19%

3 comments:

LoCo said...

Snoop Dogg is a really good actor in such videos as "Who Am I? (What's My Name?)" and "Murder Was The Case." He's not too bad in "Gina and Juice," either. I guess he'd fallen off at this point?

Chris said...

I think so. He got soft. And a gangster turned killer black dog should be anything but soft.

LoCo said...

I love how the dogs in the video really looked like the people. Snoop's dog was had this glazed-over, remote look in his eyes.