Thursday, August 7, 2008

Clowns

Keeping in line with dishing our phobias onto R3 instead of our therapists, I thought I'd review one of the most terrifying "things" in the world. Clowns. Do you remember that clown dream sequence on "Pee Wee's Big Adventure"? Even if I momentarily remove myself of my fear I don't see how they're even slightly amusing. I'm pretty sure my fear of clowns stems from an overexposure to them as a child by my mother. Aren't parents great? We get to blame everything we're afraid of in our lives on them. This is why I don't want kids. I can't be responsible for that.

RATING: 4%

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU MEAN THIS CLOWN VIDEO!!!!?!?!??!??!

OR THIS ONE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Chris said...

Yeah, I linked to the Pee Wee video in the actual post. Hence the blue highlighted words "clown dream sequence". But that other video with Crispin Glover is a bonus. Thanks.

Chris said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Chris said...

That's the only way I can keep from crying. I should really stop commenting on my own posts.

PS - Hope I didn't sound like an ass in my first comment.

John said...

This post reminds me of a Deep Thought by Jack Handey:

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've
wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad."

Heh heh heh

Chris said...

Heh. I sometimes read them online. Maybe I should buy one of the books.

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry. I read these things pretty fast because I'm super busy all the time. My life is p. awesome.

John said...

You should buy Glenn's book.

Chris said...

No worries. I just didn't want to sound like an ass and I think I did in my first comment.