Saturday, August 9, 2008

Piccola Venezia in Astoria, Queens

I've been eating a lot of food while on vacay here in NYC (vacation from my no job?), but my girlfriend was adamant that we go to this Italian restaurant in Astoria that she claims is the best Italian restaurant she's eaten at anywhere, including Italy. I was like "whatevs," Italian food in Houston and everywhere else I've ever lived is fine, so I was sure this would be just fine, too. Turns out that it was pretty effing (fucking for those who don't get the lingo) amazing. I had the osso buco, a veal shank with the bone cut open revealing delicious marrow for which I got a nice little fork. They jokingly gave me a knife for the veal, but it pretty much leapt from the bone into my mouth. The waiters were also super nice and even gave us a free cannoli. So next time you're in New York and feel like venturing out to a burrough that's not Manhattan or Brooklyn, this is place you should go, and no I don't feel guilty about the veal because it was awesome.

RATING: 92%

4 comments:

Chris said...

Very nice!

And don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about eating something. Let them stick to eating dirt if they want. I'm not judging them for it!

John said...

It's pronounced eye-talian.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Astoria is great. Nice review! I see you used my meatloaf(?) photo. Could you please attribute the photo link to the original page so your readers can find it? Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Geez Glenn. You really need to stop stealing pictures from Tom:0)