Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Bones" by The Killers


So everybody loooooved the first Killers album (the rockin' Hot Fuss), but general consensus seems to be that the second album (Sam's Town) lay on the fail continuum somewhere between fail and moderate fail.

I've been told I have pretty poor taste in music, but really enjoyed Sam's Town - the track "Bones", however, was a middle-of-the-road song that deserved a video less than "This River Is Wild". Actually, this was probably my fifth or sixth favorite song on the CD, but for whatever reason, Tim Burton directed his first ever music video for this song, probably just because he could find a way to involve some skeletons.

In closing, hooray for theme day/week/whatever.

RATING: 52% (which means that it's better than Bones, but worse than Bones)

(image courtesy of wikipedia, where no one cares if you link back to it)

6 comments:

Jacqui said...

Ha! I just saw these guys last night in Budapest. They were great live. They didn't play Bones, though :0(

PS-I'm loving the "bone" motif going on here.

Anonymous said...

holly balls! Jacqui is in Budapest!

Anonymous said...

(This shits going international!!!!!)

Jacqui said...

It is indeed:0)

Troy Camplin said...

I liked the first Killers album well enough, but I absolutely loved Sam's Town. I thought it was pure genius. Who on earth with good ears could have said that it wasn't great? That I don't understand.

Bryan said...

Hey, don't ask me. This is why this blog exists...so that we can buck the system. Down with Big Music Review!

(disclaimer: actually, I have no idea why this blog exists)