Friday, August 15, 2008

New York City

New York City is a place some of us may remember from such Hollywood hits as I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry or Friday The 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan (briefly). It's a pretty cool city except that it's extremely large so if you go there you're likely to spend at least a third of your time on a train or a bus. There's also tons of great food in "The Big Apple" as the locals call it, likely because the Algonquin word "Manhattan" means "Applesauce." One thing I don't like so much about New York City is that while it is very diverse, which I like, it's also extremely segregated by ethnic group, which makes me uncomfortable, because one second there might be a ton of white people trying to figure out just what kind of race I am and the next second there might be a ton of Asian people trying to figure out just what kind of race I am. I'm just saying that in Houston we don't make all our hipsters stay in one area of town although maybe we should.

RATING: 71%

3 comments:

Chris said...

Most importantly they've got some good eats. But I guess we've already covered that.

LoCo said...

Glenn, we do make our hipsters stay in one part of town. Have you ever been inside Poison Girl?

Anonymous said...

Oh Glenn! You're such a hoot!