Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Vince Offer

Infomercials are absolutely bizarre and strangely compelling, and the new kid on the block is spazzy douche Vince Offer. You may know him as "that jerk with the headset selling ShamWow." I know him as THE FUTURE. Yeah, so he's a former Scientologist also known for making a (reportedly) awful movie. He sold his bad movie through infomercials? Is he a genius or a moron? Yes? What kind of world do we live in? Spoiler alert - I own four ShamWows. I know, I am America.

Anyways, if you haven't seen the ShamWow or SlapChop infomercials, I think Seth Stevenson said it best when he said Vince possesses "smooth-talking condescension". I wish I was that insightful, but more than that, I wish I had that headset and sense of delusion that V.O. (that's what I call him) seems to possess. I can't decide if I want to punch him in the mouth or give him twenty-five dollars. And I think that's the idea.

RATING: 61% (which means that he's better than Fire & Ice (or The Cutting Edge 4), but worse than loving Bob Seger)

(image courtesy of mmo-champion.com?)

9 comments:

Nick said...

Underground Comedy Movie was pretty bad. No, it was fucking awful.

Any product with the word "sham" in it, I avoid.

Anonymous said...

But, your going to love his nuts!

Sarah said...

linguini, martini, bikini...?

Wait, someone saw Underground Comedy Movie? Boooooooo.

shoppista said...

Please review the actual Shamwow. Please? I want to know if they work. I'm also very attracted to them as an infomercial product because they have the word "sham" right in the product name.

Jen said...

Well said, Bryan, well said. It's that mix of wanting to punch him in the face and wanting to hand him $25 (+S&H) that makes him so appealing.

laurie said...

Why am I the only person who seems to have no fucking clue who this person is?

laurie said...

Ok so I just watched both of the videos and it definitely made me want to punch that guy in the face. I do kind of want a Shamwow or two, tho. Not that other bullshit, tho.

Jen said...

But he tosses the Slap Chop blindly over his shoulder and it lands in the sink! And he actually says on day-time TV, "You're going to love my nuts!" And he's selling something called the "Slap Chop," and warns you to avoid imitators (like the Magic Bullet? hmmm?). How could you NOT want that!?

LipstickMom123 said...

Hmmm... I didn't read that review but what a handsome young man that is in the picture! He reminds me of the gentleman in those late night commercials I watch when I eat too much spicy food before bed!