Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Original Star Wars Trilogy

#36 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

Well, duh I guess. We can all acknowledge that the prequel trilogy is pretty bad, from any point of view. Politics, trade disputes, whining, Jar Jar, almost no humor or any other emotion, senate disagreements, kid Boba Fett, UGH. But the original trilogy is still amazing because it never takes itself seriously, and also has the voice of Han Solo winking at the audience about how ridiculous a movie about laser swords and furry monkeys flying space ships is. They're still great fun even if Boba Fett gets eaten by some stupid hole in the ground (Spoilers).

RATING: 93%

11 comments:

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

yeah, my favorite part is when han soolo's voice is winking and then darth vader

LipstickMom123 said...

Hey everybody, didnt read the review but i just wanted to tell you to keep up the good work! I love star wars, especially that cute kid who played anikin Skywalker!

laurie said...

Darth Vader is even scarier with that giant red dildo.

John said...

I love you, Lipstick Mom!

I lent my Starwars trilogy to Gordie Fitzpatrick, who never gave it back, but the joke's on him because no one even has VHS any more.

LoCo said...

I wonder what it would take to convince me to watch any of these three movies.

John said...

Think of it like a cultural artifact. It's the adolescent boy's Pride and Prejudice, and it was a cultural milestone for 2 generations of moviegoers.

Plus it's not gay like Star Trek. Even Ice Cube said so.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

wtrf?@!?!? star track is waht star wars wishes it could be motherf*****rs!!!

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

and theres no real person named gordey fishpatrick!!!

LipstickMom123 said...

i googled

LoCo said...

Do you think I've seen Pride & Prej? I haven't. I haven't even read it. I hate Austen and her "comedy of manners." I HATE EVERYTHING!

John said...

Yeah, I was talking about the book. Too bad you don't like Austen. She's a genius.