Saturday, September 6, 2008

Chang Jing Korean Restaurant

My wife and I have twice patronized Chang Jing on North Greenville Road in Richardson, Texas. Both times it was packed with Korean people, which we took to be a good sign. The first time we got takeout, but the second time we ate in. We met the owner/manager, who told us there would be a 30 minute wait. When our faces fell, he began laughing hysterically and said, "Just kidding! One minute, only one minute, please!" After seating us, he attacked us with a trick ketchup bottle that disgorged stream of what looked like red sauce but was actually made of some kind of textile. Hilarious, although he looked like a scary man to work for. My wife got the bulgogi lunch special and I had the dol sot bibimbap. The food was excellent, and came with an abundance of side dishes, including acorn jelly, egg, seaweed, kimchi, sprouts, and greens. The entire meal cost us $19, which was well worth it although it was rather too much food for lunch. In the future (I plan on returning as soon as my wallet and waistline can afford it) I'll probably go later in the the day.

RATING: 90%

(Image from wikipedia.)

1 comment:

Chris said...

That sounds like a fun place to go. Glenn can tell you about a great place to go in Houston for Korean food.