Tuesday, December 21, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Specials - #8: A Very Brady Christmas

Before watching it again last night, I probably hadn't seen A Very Brady Christmas in almost twenty years. And even though I have no real connection to or affection for the Brady Bunch franchise, this particular Christmas special has been occupying real estate in my head since I first saw it back in the day. This is probably why I was never really good at calculus or why I can never remember people's birthdays. Important chunks of my brain are clogged with memories of Bobby Brady driving a race car and Marcia's cool phone that looked like a panda. Ah, such is life.

Rating: 5 GOLDEN RINGS%

(Image from icanalwaysbefound.blogspot.com)

2 comments:

DCP said...

I don't know if this is going to make it on your list, but my favorite Christmas specials as a kid were the Garfield one and the For Better or For Worse one. It was before Garfield was its own tv show, so it seemed extra cool. Also, I liked the Scooby-Doo one with the Nutcracker that got stolen. It was weird because Scrappy was in it, but I think Fred and Daphne were in it as well, instead of just Shaggy, Daphne, Scooby and Scrappy, like a lot of the terrible 1980s Scrappy-Doo episodes.

Quammy said...

The Garfield special is definitely on the list.