Thursday, October 1, 2020

Leprechaun

Leprechaun is basically the poor man's Critters. It repeatedly rips off Gremlins, it's kinda corny and it looks cheap. That said, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It wasn't good by any means, but it also wasn't terrible. Was it poorly written? Yes. Was it poorly lit? Very much so. Did the costumes fit the actors? Not always. And it also wouldn't have been weird if the movie had been bookended with appearances from the Crypt Keeper. But other than that, it was reasonably tolerable. And you can quote me on that. It's probably safe to assume that the franchise doesn't get any better from here.

Rating: 58%

(Image from IMDB)

2 comments:

DCP said...

Are you doing the Leprechaun series this year? I thought about it...

Quammy said...

I'm not going to do the whole series. I'm going to some sequels to other franchises that haven't been reviewed yet and then some other random flicks. The Leprechaun sequels are up for grabs. I'm honestly curious about the one in space.