Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Child's Play

A new multimedia hit doll (Buddi, but you know his real name!) hits the stores that has AI and controls stuff in your apartment sorta like a creepy Alexa. Well, Alexa's already creepy, but imagine she was a giant doll. How could that go wrong??? They undid the murderer-possession aspect from the original Child's Play and made it so a disgruntled worker turns off the "violence inhibitor," but this one is really fun. It does make me question my own grading system, which I swore never to overthink. Like, I *am* ranking it an 83%, which is higher than the original Child's Play, but I don't think it's going to stick in the collective consciousness as long as the original.

RATING: 83%

3 comments:

DCP said...

Ultimately, I'd say the Child's Play franchise is one of the stronger horror franchises all the way through. Seed is the only super stinker of the bunch, and the remake is great.

Quammy said...

I rewatched the original a few weeks ago and I was impressed with how well it holds up.

DCP said...

It's downhill a while after that, but Cult and Curse pick back up for sure.