Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Glenlivet 12

When I think of single malt whiskies I consider Glenlivet 12 and Lagavulin 16 to be at opposite ends of the spectrum. Glenlivet is light, sweet, easy on the wallet, and doesn't really give me a hard time. Lagavulin is dark, smoky, costs a fortune, and I can never seem to find it when I'm flush and in the mood. I guess they're a lot like Betty and Veronica, if the former were 12 and 16 years old respectively. Notes of smoke (duh), pine, citrus, ivory soap and honey.

RATING: 89%

(Image from www.boozebasher.com. Also, here's a review site with way more class than us.)

4 comments:

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

notes of smoke (dug)

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

did you just buy this one b/c it has glens name in it and your in love w/him

Internet John said...

Yes, I want to have hairy quarter-arab babies with crooked teeth with him. Also, I think a tumbleweed just blew by. This blog is fucking dead, duders.

DCP said...

I've been meaning to review some things. It's just that I can't use MS Paint on this computer.