Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Match Point

I just saw this movie and I guess it was pretty good. It suffered from what I call "3:10 To Yuma" syndrome, in which most of the movie is pretty boring and uneventful but then the last 35 minutes really save it, although I guess this movie came first so maybe it should be the other way around. Anyway, people say it's Hitchcockian or whatever, but it's pretty Allenian in my honest opinion, although I think Crimes and Misdemeanors is a jillian times better.

RATING: 78%

5 comments:

LoCo said...

I <3 Emily Mortimer. I feel she carries a huge % in this movie.

DCP said...

Is she the British woman what's-his-face marries? She was good. I've never seen her anywhere else, though.

LoCo said...

Yes, that's her! She's a doll.

Anonymous said...

You should Google image search Emily Mortimer with the safe search off. (Awesome.) Also, the last half hour of 3:10 to Yuma ruined it, and Match Point sucked all the way through. I can't believe you liked any of this shitty ass movie.

DCP said...

Hey, I don't like it as much as I like Coke Zero if that's any consolation.