Monday, March 31, 2008

Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon

Any movie Matthau and Lemmon have done together is great. EXCEPT for Out to Sea. That was pretty godawful. But it still have some degree of watchability due to the fact that those two are in it. I could watch the original Odd Couple any time anywhere. Just a few that I can think of off the top of my head.

The Odd Couple: 95%
Grumpy Old Men: 80%
Grumpier Old Men: 75%
The Odd Couple II: 65%
Out to Sea: 30%

There's more that I can't think of now I'm sure.

3 comments:

DCP said...

That's more than I can think of.

Anonymous said...

There is also The Fortune Cookie (1966). This was the first film to feature their on-screen partnership. I heard it is supposed to be good, but I haven't actually seen it--not all the way through, anyway. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to watching it.

Jacqui

Nick said...

They've done many other- I think I saw an interview a while back where they worked on something like 8 or 10 movies together. The Fortune Cookie is good, but they didn't have that great chemistry yet.

Can you guess what movie both actors were in but did not share a scene.


JFK.