Monday, March 31, 2008

Love

Love sucks. It's maddening and it's something that in the front of my mind I always want to avoid, but I get sicked in. It's the emotional version of the Mafia. I had been single for a while. Just when I thought I was out, it pulled me back in. And does time and time again. It's horrible and painful and destructive, and beautiful and wonderful. It makes life worth living and it makes life too painful to deal with. It's heartbreaking and heartfilling. It can make life feel as if it's not worth living and it can make life feel as if it is totally worth living. It is said to be the point of life and one of the most important experiences of humans; it also causes murders, mental diseases, bad music, bad movies, bad books, bad art in general, wars, depression...

Love: 50%

4 comments:

DCP said...

It also causes spontaneous musical numbers if the movies are to be believed.

Nick said...

Ah, yes. I'd have to say that love has caused me more trouble in my life than anything else. Yet I (and we as humans) constantly seek it out. It's an awful thing and a wonderful thing at the same time. Sometimes, I really hate it.

laurie said...

I love a good musical number.

John said...

Have a few kids. It gets a hell of a lot easier when you're always too tired to fight or fuck and too broke to break up.