Sunday, March 23, 2008

Superunknown by Soundgarden

I used to have a really tough time getting through this album, because I thought it got boring after track 11 or so (there are 15 tracks, which is kind of a lot). But as the years have gone by, I find I like the slower later tracks more and more. The faster songs are still what I find most appealing, but probably by the time I'm 50 I'll think 4th of July is my favorite song. Anyway, it's a great album from a great couple of years of grunge and then unfortunately it tried to keep going for 8 more years. (PS - the 4th of July video is just some dude's homemade thing, so you don't need to watch it if you don't want to).

RATING: 71%

1 comment:

John said...

This is such a good album that I often want to name Soundgarden as one of my favorite bands, and then I remember that they were responsible for Down on the Upside and I bite my tongue.

"Fell on Black Days," "Head High," and "4th of July" are probably my favorites.