Sunday, March 30, 2008

this photo (or: shiny hot pants for adolescent boys)

This photo brings up an important point we have yet to address outright here at Reviews. How do you rate things that are completely awesome because of their utter badness? Like do I rate it low because there is something fundamentally WRONG about adolescent boys in shiny tight pants or do I rate it high because I can't stop looking at it. I'm going to go with high because God I love the way that one in the middle wears his shiny pants with such attitude.

Rating: 69%

7 comments:

DCP said...

Why do I feel like I've done something wrong?

laurie said...

Yeah right! I feel dirty just looking at it. It makes me laugh both hysterically and uncomfortably.

Anonymous said...

They should not be wearing those shiny tight pants, though it is incredibly hot! They know even at that age what they are doing.

and I am sure they are doing it.

Anonymous said...

I feel like a dirty old woman just looking at the photo! When was this taken? It's looks circa 1980's

David's Star said...

This is a Puerto Rican singing group that was very popular in the 80's and 90's. There are a lot of items available on them on ebay. The guy on the left is Rene, ?, Xavier, ?, Ricky. Ricky Martin later became a member of this group, and went on to international fame.

laurie said...

Yes, I don't know why I never specified this in the Review, but this is a photo of Menudo.

sktl505 said...

From left to right: Rene, Johnny, Xavier, Miguel & Ricky.

There is nothing wrong with the photo. It's from about 1981 or '82, when spandex disco pants were still pretty popular among both males and females in the entertainment industry. I think those who see something wrong with the photo are just projecting their own personal issues onto it.