Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Golden Grahams

General Mills knew exactly how to rope me in. I was at Target yesterday, just buying a sandwich and an envelope, and I walk past this end cap of Golden Graham boxes, except they're the design from the 80s. Usually I don't buy name brand cereal if there's a comparable generic version, but I had to participate in this bit of nostalgia which is what the company knew. Anyway, I don't know why I felt nostalgic about it because we never had Golden Grahams when we were kids, and I always considered them a fancy cereal along the lines of Lucky Charms or Cinnamon Toast Crunch. But I like them a lot better than La Lechera Flakes.

RATING: 63%

2 comments:

Jen said...

Doesn't it make you feel kinda good knowing that you can get the fancy cereal now on your own? When I was little, my parents told me that Cap'n Crunch was gross and that I didn't like it. Boy, were they wrong-- that stuff is awesome. Unfortunately, I was in college before I figured that out.
On the up side, no cavities!

DCP said...

Yeah, I didn't have cavities as a kid either, but now every time my tooth hurts I assume it's a cavity because I have no idea what one feels like.