Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Best Of Missing Persons by Missing Persons

I came to this 80s new wave band in a weird way. I bought a compilation album Sonic Youth did a song on, and some band covered Missing Persons great song "Destination Unknown," which I loved, so I looked it up on youtube and then we got married. By married I mean I bought the album, and I guess it was pretty good, although to be fair I was kind of listening to it in the background. I'm a pretty amateurish reviewer I guess. But it turns out I love synthesizers, which they use a lot of since it was the 80s and communism.

RATING: 63%

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I like alot of 80s new wave too, but I could never get into Missing Persons...I think that song "Words" pretty much did it in for me, and that song was suppose to be a pretty big single for them. "Words" does always get stuck in my head, though--so I guess it's a song that's just catchy enough for me to love to hate.

That Denise Newman does sound pretty interesting, though. I think I might check it out.

Jacqui

DCP said...

I like Words. I feel like I should have linked that video, since it's way crazier than Destination Unknown. Well, it's the first in the related videos frame when you watch Destination Unknown, everybody.