Monday, March 31, 2008

Lost

In the realm of mythology-centered shows (Alias, The X-Files, even the Star Trek shows perhaps), Lost is the best. I've loved the show since the second season, but only after watching the 4th season so far have I decided that it may be the best mythology show ever. Well, it'd be neck and neck with The Prisoner (and the finale of The Prisoner certainly screws up that show for me). They changed the game in the 3rd season, and this new season has been fast paced and finally providing lots of answers. And the thing about Lost that makes it so much better, besides the amazing twists and great character studies and allegories, is the fact that you can feel that the writers know exactly how this whole thing will play out. I was an X-Files fan, but by the end, it was obvious that it was being made up as they went along. Lost: 90%

2 comments:

DCP said...

I like the end of the Prisoner. I mean, how were they going to wrap it all up, exactly?

Nick said...

Fair point. But the allegory, I think, was taken too far. I understand (or I think I do) the point- the fact that we all live in a village of some sort- but it was completely implausible (which is saying a lot considering how weird The Prisoner is). I don't hate the finale, but I just think they could have come up with something less insane.