Thursday, January 29, 2009

Spaghetti

You know spaghetti. It doesn't taste bad, but it doesn't taste especially good. Whenever Sarah and I can't come up with anything else to eat, or we want to make something that requires very little effort and is cheap, we make spaghetti with a jarred red sauce and ground turkey. With just a tiny bit more creativity (let's swap spaghetti noodles for gnocchi! how about adding spinach?) it wouldn't be quite so boring. But it also wouldn't be quite as easy. You know, like your mother.

It is the plain vanilla ice cream of dinners.

It is mediocrity.

It is the moon.

RATING: 50% (this means that it is better than Crisis on Infinite Earths, but worse than Changin' Tires on the Road to Ruin)

ALTERNATE ENDING: Here

(image courtesy of plus.maths.org)

17 comments:

LoCo said...

I literally could eat spaghetti every night of my life and never get bored. It is my ultimate comfort food.

Sarah said...

Just think what I could do with spaghetti if I had a slap chop...

Anonymous said...

What do you do with your leftover spaghetti?

I like it fried and topped with ketchup.

Too yummy for words...try it.

John said...

That's your answer to everything, MrSpaghettiFace. You can't just solve all your problems by frying them and topping them with ketchup, you know.

John said...

Didn't we already review spaghetti?

Bryan said...

Yes. But since it wasn't tagged (and I am dumb - as mentioned in previous comments), I didn't know this. I'll edit the post accordingly.

John said...

Not that this is a bad thing. A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

Our shitty multi-alphabetical system of tags doesn't really help much. One would probably be better off googling the topic word + reviewsreviewsreviews.

Anonymous said...

You're right you know. I learned the hard way that certain problems, such as that rash I had on my wiener, just can't be solved by frying and topping with tomato sauce.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

like a choose your own adventure

laurie said...

You do all realize there is a search window at the top of the blog where you can search for topics, right? That's how I look to see if we've had a review yet.

John said...

"search-window"? WTF does that even mean?

laurie said...

It means there's a little box at the very top of the screen where you can type in "spaghetti" and then loco's spaghetti review will pop up.

laurie said...

It means there's a little box at the very top of the screen where you can type in "spaghetti" and then loco's spaghetti review will pop up.

John said...

who's loco?

laurie said...

Now you're just trying to annoy me.

Bryan said...

Sure. I just thought it would be easier (when I type my tags in before I start in on the review) to see if when I type in the tag "spaghetti", it already exists. Since it didn't, I figured it was fine. I guess not.

LipstickMom123 said...

Looking at the spagetti really puts me in the mood for romance! I hope this valentimes day some romeo decides to take me out to the olive garden for a nice pasta dinner with a fine glass of vino! Merci!!!