Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Black Adder

It's easy to say that Rowan Atkinson is a comic genius, but that's because he is. Sure, sure, Mr. Bean was way too popular, but who else even tries to do silent physical comedy these days? But before all that, he created and starred in a series called The Black Adder for the BBC. The first series focused on the character Edmund, played by Atkinson, who is second in line to become king of England at the end of the 15th century. He is an unlikeable, self centered, conniving twat, and the show is hilarious. I guess I like Red Dwarf better, but that's just because there's space and robots (bias).

RATING: 82%

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

Mr. Bean is actually a guilty pleasure of mine. Of course, I have a bias for pretty much all things British Television.

LipstickMom123 said...

I don't know much about the Black Addler. Sounds like a really great comic book though! (I'll have to tell my kids about it!)

Anonymous said...

Rather amusing idea

Anonymous said...

Also what?