Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Continental Airways






THE GOOD:
-No emergency water landing
-Free bowl of cornflakes and carton of cream o' land 2% milk
-Cheap
-It's in the past now

THE BAD:
-Mean, surly flight attendants (I think one of them said, "Get your seat up, cracker")
-Breakfast banana rotten in the middle
-Had to sit through most of City of Ember with no sound
-Frightened, shrieking infant 3 rows up simultaneously heartbreaking, irritating

THE UGLY:
-Fellow passengers all from New Jersey, all obese, all clad in sweater vests and pleated pants
-Adjacent passenger sneezed and coughed without covering mouth, used Blackberry during takeoff and landing despite being asked not to
-Tail seat in very last row, downwind of airplane lavatories

RATING: Continental Airways 60%
Jersey's intestinal health 10%
City of Ember: Bill Murray, are you fucking kidding me%

(Picture from securitykarma.com)

11 comments:

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

you link broken

John said...

Happy now, link nazi?

laurie said...

You're supposed to call them flight attendants. Communist.

DCP said...

At least the tail seat is the safest seat in the event of a crash. Of course, since you didn't crash that probably doesn't comfort you much.

Anonymous said...

I could have had Expedia over book you on Continental. That would have made for a longer stay in Newark which would probably be bad.
You should watch Twilight next time.

LoCo said...

What I want to know is why all these people are making a trip from Jersey to Dallas. The scenarios that I'm imagining that would make such a thing necessary are all equally horrifying.

LoCo said...

Overheard on Continental Flight from Houston to LaGuardia:

"You have to get the pass for the bus... the monthly pass."
"If you're brave enough to TAKE the bus!"

"The bus" runs like 3 miles an hour and is full of park-crossing yuppies. Tourists ruin everything.

John said...

I think there's an asshole convention in Dallas this week.

Overheard between 2 women on shuttle from airport:

"If that bitch knocked into my seat one more time I was gonna hit her."

"Yeah, we're from Jersey. Ain't no southern hospitality there."

John said...

Also:

"I hear the pizza's really terrible here."

"Yeah, pizza, spaghetti, all the italian food is terrible."

LoCo said...

Well, it IS terrible, John.

Also you forgot bagels. The Italians and the Jews love each other. But I guess there aren't many of either group in Texas.

John said...

I know it's bad. I haven't found a decent pizza in Dallas yet, and I'm from maritime Canada for god's sake. The closest thing we have to Italians is a bunch of Lebanese people.

The guy who sneezed all over me was wearing a yarmulke, BTW.