Saturday, January 3, 2009

That Fucking Bowflex Ad

I was watching the New Year's Day Corner Gas-athon and this advertisement ran about 300 times. It's the one in which the fake-tanned, rat-faced douchebag who recently lost 75 lbs poses shirtless indoors with a surfboard and sunglasses and says contemptuously, "I gave all my fat clothes to my fat friends."

I bet they really appreciated that, you smug piece of shit.

Also, "Be strong, be fit, be Bowflex" is a really stupid slogan. Wouldn't "Get strong, get fit, get Bowflex" make a little more ontological sense?

RATING: Bowflex: I don't know because my fat ass has never used one%
That guy: should be shot in the stomach and buried alive%

(Image from www.courier-journal.com.)

4 comments:

laurie said...

BE THE BOWFLEX

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

hey can we stick to the number percents this is really confusing an di dont know wat i should like and wat i shuld think suxxx

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

if i wanted to read more words id look at other posts or read a bok or maxim magazin

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

i give non nu mber persents:

2% (for createivity)