Monday, January 19, 2009

Appaloosa

Two buddies (Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen) move into a lawless town run by some outlaw and his gang. Some whore (Renee Zellweger) strolls into town and gets on Ed Harris. But being a good law man don't make for a good husband, so she tries to get up on Ed Harris' pal Viggo. Viggo is a good buddy and he's like "Fuck, I can't do this to ol' Ed" (even though, surprise, he is attracted to her also). I hate to digress, but there is nothing appealing about Renee Zellweger. Anyway, there's some pretty realistic shootouts and people getting shot so you'll probably like that too. Check it out, it's a generic story, but a pretty good movie.

RATING: 78%

3 comments:

DCP said...

Is this on video or did you see it in the theater?

laurie said...

It kills be to see this review because I watched this last night and have been thinking about reviewing it all day. My opinion is pretty much the opposite of yours, tho. I thought it was lame and boring and pretty stupid. The characters were uninteresting and Renee Zallweger has a messed up face. And the shootout to boring shit ration was seriously out of whack. I watched it with a friend and we both throughly hated it. I was really disappointed because I like westerns and had been looking forward to seeing it since I missed it in the theater. So yeah, I'd only give it like, 45%.

ps - Sorry this comment was sort of incoherent. I am rushed.

Chris said...

It's out on DVD now, Glenn.

Yeah, it was slow in parts and there weren't many shootouts, but they were more realistic than any I've seen recently. It wasn't Western warfare, but it was more like what I'd imagine a real shootout in the West would have been like.

And Renee Zellweger does have a messed up face.