Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Post-Christmas Gut

As far as I'm concerned, the birth of Jesus, the pagan Solstice and the New Year are all celebrated the same way: by eating 5 meals a day and getting frequently and thoroughly drunk so I can stand--*cough* I mean, enjoy--the company of my extended family and in-laws. I tend to get into the festive mood around mid-December, and become serious again after January 17th (my birthday), which gives me just enough time to make a habit of living like a fucking pig. This year, I put the brakes on a little earlier due to the practical necessity of being able to fit into my clothes, but it's still gonna be a long, sweaty spring.

RATING: Turkey sandwiches: 90%
Peanut butter balls: 88%
Stolichnaya on the rocks: 80%
A good mud-wallow: 75%
Teacher's Highland Cream Blended Scotch Whiskey: 69%
Jogging pants: 43%
$9 pitchers of Moose Green: 34%
Sore hips from elliptical trainer: middle-aged woman%

(Image from www.utilitarianism.com.)

4 comments:

laurie said...

I hear ya man. This is going to make me sound officially crazy, but I did a three day juice fast and body cleanse routine when I came home from Christmas with the fam. I had a terrible fucking headache the first day, but after the end of three days I felt like my old self again (as opposed to the disgusting cholesterol laden blob I felt like before). It was like I'd never touched all those turkey sandwiches and beer after beer after beer.

LoCo said...

what on earth is a peanut butter ball??

John said...

It's pretty much a spherical gob of peanut butter, butter and icing sugar (some people add rice, coconut, etc.) dipped in chocolate. You can also leave part of the peanut butter undipped so it looks like a chestnut.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

do you make it yourself or does it come from a tree or somthing