Thursday, January 29, 2009

Final Crisis

Firstly, there are no spoilers here. Secondly, I've been told that there's a fine line between genius and madness. Unfortunately, in the case of Final Crisis, someone has erased it. This was the total antipodal-opposite of decompressed storytelling. It's like someone writing a smart, funny, cognizant review on this website, except they used only SAT words and left out all the vowels. Sure, a few people died, heaven and hell, earth and time were redefined and blended, but what it really showed me was that with his taste for frenetic pace and the weird, Grant really, really, really should write an awesome Flash title, where everything gets good and fast and weird. Final Crisis was everything - good, bad, and ugly - all at once, all the time.

At any rate, I feel like I have descended into an orrery of words (not worlds!) and icons and fifty years of superheroics have been chopped into confetti and blown over a Macy's Day parade running in reverse.

RATING: 62% (but in actuality, ihavenoidea%)

(image courtesy of comicvine.com)

5 comments:

John said...

This is a great review.

Bryan said...

thanks!

DCP said...

So I suppose issue 7 actually came out this week? Guess I should pick up my books.

Bryan said...

yes. go now. wait. now.

(though time is largely irrelevant)

LipstickMom123 said...

I'm not sure I understood what was happening in that review but I'm glad you like that red fellow Brian! (Is his name final crisis or is that the name of this video game?)