Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Foo Fighters by Foo Fighters

Foo Fighters' debut album was the first album I bought on the day it came out. After this album came out it was really popular so it was therefore no longer cool to like them according to the grunge douchebags at my school, but I was a dork so whatevs is what I said. I remember I had a Foo Fighters shirt that I spilled ink all over, but I still wore it until I lost it convincing myself that the ink made it look cool somehow. Oh, right, the content of the album itself. I guess it's pretty good - Grohl has some interesting chord constructions that deviate from standard radio power chord fare, even if he moved away from that almost immediately, not that I don't like the extremely poppy follow up album for its own reasons. Forsooth!

RATING: 76%

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Said follow-up album was very good.

John said...

This one is my favorite. I've tapped my toes to some of the Foo's later stuff, but I find their catalogue gets blander and blander the closer one moves t/w present day.

Dave Grohl is still worth 10 Kurt Cobains, IMO.