Thursday, January 8, 2009

Natural American Spirit Cigarettes

Natural American Spirit cigarettes supposedly have no additives. I doubt this makes them any better for you in the long run, but it certainly helps with hangovers. I smoke when I drink (usually about 5-15 cigarettes), and I used to get horrible hangovers, but I after I switched to this brand I noticed next-day headaches and nausea became about 70% less harsh. I've heard people say that cigarette smoke contributes equally or more to a bad hangover than booze itself (research suggests that both vices produce scary levels of acetaldehyde in the human body), and I believe it. Be that as it may, there's something about these cigarettes, even if they don't actually taste so great. If you like to drink and you're dumb enough to smoke you should give them a try, or just quit altogether before you get cancer or arteriosclerosis.

RATING: 90% if you're going to smoke anyway, 0% if you aren't.

(Image from www.ethicalshopping.com.)

3 comments:

laurie said...

Yeah I used to smoke these back when I smoked and I have to wholeheartedly agree with your review. They do seem slightly less death-y.

LoCo said...

Smoking these cigarettes is like not even smoking. They have none of what makes cigarettes delicious to smoke. If you smoke these you might as well just go balls-out and quit (altho I guess if you're drunk you don't care what you're smoking? I feel like a few Marlboro reds in my history can attest to that...)

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

smocking is bad intenet jon you shoud get a healthy habit like gardennig or going to church