Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn

Green Lantern is the 5th most famous DC superhero (behind Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash), and if he was a Beatle that would make him Pete Best. Most average people probably don't know any of his powers, so let me clarify: he wears a space ring that makes his imagination appear as weapons to fight evil unless that evil is yellow. In the late 80s they decided it was time to update his origin, so this trade was born, and I suppose it's fine. It establishes a lot of the mythos we know today about Green Lantern (by we I mean Bryan and I), and it's got complex undertones of guilt and inadequacy. Right now Geoff Johns is kind of doing an updated version of this origin in Green Lantern's main book and it's pretty awesome, but that doesn't mean this one isn't ok, too.

RATING: 64%

1 comment:

John said...

Pete Best played at Legends in Coldbrook. I wanted to touch him, but at the time I wasn't old enough to get into a bar.