Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Genesis

No, not the book from the Bible. Better! I'm talking about the band. Most people are like "I love those guys!" and what they love is Genesis post-Peter Gabriel/Phil Collins as lead singer. Okay, I like those radio songs too, but Genesis used to be a really prog/art rock group that would have really long songs that were also pretty weird, but were really good. One of my favorite Genesis songs is "Supper's Ready", which is pretty awesome, but long, and from their album Foxtrot. I also recommend you listen to Nursery Cryme if you like Foxtrot, which is another great album. Anyway, I want to set the record straight about Genesis. They are pretty badass and don't give them a hard time just because they later wrote "Invisible Touch".

RATING: 89% (Gabriel/Collins/Rutherford/Banks/Hackett) 61% (Collins/Banks/Rutherford)

1 comment:

John said...

I could get down with Genesis a bit more if Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins weren't played to death on every "adult contemporary" radio station between here and Vietnam. Yes, I know it's like comparing Jefferson Airplane and Jefferson Starship, but that's how I roll--judgemental and ignorant. You should see me weigh the souls of the Egyptian damned.