Friday, September 5, 2008

The Walking Dead Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye

Everybody always kept telling me how amazing this comic series by Robert Kirkman was, and how it was especially up my alley since I like zombie movies, etc. I bought the first trade the other day and read it, and while it is good, I just don't see what it adds to the current zombie dialogue. It basically reads like a George Romero movie - zombies happen, society collapses, pockets of survivors band together, their own strife is their undoing. I was hoping for some huge twist at the end of this trade, but as it stands I just don't see myself continuing to buy these collections. One good thing is that because it's done in greyscale, the volumes are less expensive, but I just feel like I'll end up being bored and staying that way, and that's a serious medical dilemma.

RATING: 57%

No comments: