Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

This Star Trek movie is the one everybody who doesn't like Star Trek enjoys most. It's got a clever message (save the whales!), the crew of the Enterprise (well, former crew since it got blowed up in part III) are in the 1980s acting all goofy, and Kirk swears a lot. Well, I think it is the worst Star Trek movie. It is funny, sure, but it's extremely heavy handed in its message (save the whales!, in case you didn't get it yet), and there's a lot of slow parts. I mean, I guess after all the death and direness of the second and third movies this is a nice break, but it's pretty dumb overall.

RATING: 43%

7 comments:

Chris said...

I want to see II and III now.

Jacqui said...

Screw the whales! What about the manatees?

laurie said...

I really enjoyed this movie when I was a kid. It's funny and whales are cute. So maybe you should stop watching movies that are made for children.

John said...

Manatees are, like, my 4th favorite animal. This movie is pretty shameless, though. It's the Metallica's Black Album of Star Trek films.

Chris said...

Glenn, I feel your implying I dislike Star Trek. This is simply not true, but I did like IV.

Anonymous said...

i heard whales made huricane ike

Anonymous said...

Heh-heh... "Double dumbass..."

Say what you will about Star Trek IV... I love it when Spock gives the Vulcan neck pinch to the punk on the bus. Take that, punk! Spock should be Dirty Harry's partner.