Sunday, September 28, 2008

Butter Too Cold To Spread

This is a real issue for those of us who use real butter over butter substitutes like margarine. I don't want to point fingers at anyone and laugh, but margarine? Well, if you use any butter substitute at least you don't have to deal with cold butter that fucks your bread up when you spread it. That really ruins my day. I always forget to let it warm a little and end up with a huge glob of butter in the center. Personally I like whipped butter better anyway, but at least cold butter and bad toast is better than having to live with margarine.

RATING: 39%

9 comments:

laurie said...

I recently discovered this butter from Land O Lakes called "spreadable butter." I think it has a little bit of oil in it or something but what the fuck ever it tastes like butter and it spreads.

John said...

I hate that too. You end up having to either eat bread with giant holes in it or try to cut the butter like it's cheese and cover the bread with it, which uses 3x as much butter as usual and is rather disgusting.

Nice tag, by the way. I'm pretty sure there's a breakfast joint pickup line in there somewhere.

shoppista said...

You need this thing (warning -- I haven't bought one yet, just blogged it, so I don't know if it really works).

http://www.windowshoppist.com/2008/02/emile-henry-auberge-butter-pot-20.html

EF

Anonymous said...

To solve this lifelong problem, my parents recently purchased a refrigerator that has a special butter compartment. The salesman assured them that it would keep butter at just the right temperature for easy spreading. Well, bullshit...may as well put the f'n butter in the freezer.

Anonymous said...

yea, the guy above me is rite... fence magazine does suck

Anonymous said...

We all know that's white toast, you racist FUCK

John said...

I don't know. I rather liked the that rendition of a bear on Fence's cover that time. At first I was like, "That's so shitty it looks like a retarded 5 year old drew it," but then I realized that it's actually post-European capitalist monoculture's hellishly empty hegemony that looks like a retarded 5 year old drew it.

Excuse me while I take a double handful of pills.

Chris said...

I prefer wheat, but my true prejudice apparently shows through! I didn't even notice. What's wrong with me?

LoCo said...

Land O'Lakes spreadable, in a tub. You're welcome.