Saturday, September 27, 2008

Greyhound

Every time I go to the Greyhound bus station, there's one surly, foot-dragging employee behind the counter serving 30+ dishevelled customers. 2 out of 4 times I've attempted to take a Greyhound bus, I've waited for an hour or longer only to find out that my bus was cancelled. Once, a woman wearing a bright yellow vest told me, "Oh, your bus no longer exists." No longer exists? I didn't realize black holes were such a problem on the route between Dallas and Houston. Plus their shitty website doesn't work half the time, and they charge $6.00 extra to book a ticket over the phone. On the bright side, both the Dallas and Houston terminals had lots of characters willing to help me get rid of all my heavy spare change (one helpful gentleman even offered to valet park Glenn's car for him), and I wasn't beheaded like that poor guy in Canada.

RATING: 20% (how the hell else am I supposed to get to Houston?)

(Image from http://transit.toronto.on.ca.)

4 comments:

laurie said...

You're in America now John. Buy a car. And how the hell did the other passengers not stop the guy from beheading someone? Talk about apathy.

John said...

He was huge and he had a rambo knife.

http://www.mahalo.com/Vince_Weiguang_Li

Check out the 7 minute interview with the brown haired guy about halfway down the page. It's horrific.

I have a car, I just don't have a license. In Canada, it wasn't such a big deal, but here it's maddening.

DCP said...

Well at least I now have had somebody "try" to steal my car, if you can count a vague threat from 30 feet away from somebody with a black box that looks nothing like a gun trying.

John said...

I keep telling you--it was a mind control device with a 15 foot range, and you were lucky you were all the way over there, as the man said.