Saturday, September 6, 2008

Rotten Tomatoes Submission Guidelines

I like Rotten Tomatoes as a site, but apparently they only accept submissions from "accredited" film critics. In other words, a site like ours could NEVER qualify to submit reviews to them (and maybe the world is a better place because of that). I just think "whatever" because there are a lot of awful, shitty, terrible critics on Rotten Tomatoes who managed to sneak in via a "professional looking" website, membership in some lame ass film society or employment by some local paper like the Greenville Harold-Banner (I mean, come on). I understand there need to be standards and criteria, but damn, really? Why isn't there just an application process? All we want to do is see free movies, and maybe we'll write about them if we get time. Is that too much to ask?

RATING: 39% or ROTTEN

4 comments:

Chris said...

I see a butterfly in that picture.

John said...

Yeah, a lot of those reviewers are morons and/or total flakes. Like this one, for instance:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_fountain/articles/1553244/ive_taken_the_same_entheogens_many_times_but_i_never_cried

This may be the stupidest, most pretentious review I've ever read, and the movie was pretty bad too.

Chris said...

That might be one of the worst reviews I've ever read.

John said...

I know, man. I read it, like, a year ago, and it was so memorably bad that I spent 15 minutes sifting through the archived reviews looking for it to post the link here.