Sunday, September 7, 2008

Y: The Last Man Vol. 1: Unmanned

This is another comic everybody told me was great but I never bought. In this case it was because every time a new series began I refused to buy it because I wasn't getting a new series of comics to write myself and was therefore jealous. Well, it turns out this first volume is pretty gripping, and it looks like it will be a great adventure story. Without giving away too many of the twists (although you can see a couple coming), this comic series is about a plague that strikes Earth and inexplicably (so far) kills all male humans and other animals. The only survivors are this guy Yorick (the Y from the title) and his pet monkey Ampersand. This is Brian K. Vaughan, so there's a lot of humor, but it's pretty dark and very excellent, so check it out in trade and do your part for our economy.

RATING: 72%

No comments: