Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ripe Bananas

I think people like ripe bananas because it's probably built into our DNA from our days as dumber primates. If you don't like them then you're probably from a family that didn't evolve very well. Hey, it's not your fault! They are delicious, cheap and full of good stuff, but be careful, they can take a turn for the worse pretty quickly. I recommend saving them for banana bread by freezing them when they get overly ripe. You can make banana pudding from ripe bananas and that's really good. No one makes food with unripe bananas, do they? Nevermind, I bet they do.

RATING: 76%

4 comments:

laurie said...

Yeah I bet you're making banana bread all the time, huh Chris?

Also, those of you who get the comments emailed to you will see that I originally thought that Glenn wrote this. Well, it was just such a Glenn sounding blog....

Chris said...

Well, the inspiration came to me after dinner last night. I picked up a sticker of a green chile that looked more like an unripe banana and it got me thinking...

John said...

Sure they do. Don't you remember that movie, Fried Green Bananas? Where that primate tells the other primate empowering stories of a primate who leaves her abusive primate husband, and works together with her strong, loyal primate friend to raise her primate son during the Great primate Depression?

Anonymous said...

Great primate Depression