Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Magna Carta

Once upon a time there was a such thing as kings and queens, and I guess there still is. But in merry old England some richos decided that it would probably be a good idea if kings and queens had to follow laws and shit, so they busted out a case of Keystone Light and drafted the hell out of the Magna Carta. This flimsy piece of paper also guaranteed certain inalienable rights for the citizens of England, so it turns out the Founding Fathers of America were just a bunch of plagiarizing assholes. Anyway, that doesn't matter because all the best countries don't even have kings, like Canada, USA, Afghanistan, Rwanda, East Timor, etc.

RATING: 83%

9 comments:

DCP said...

Well, I guess Canada has a queen technically, but not really, you know?

DCP said...

I just didn't want to edit the post after proofreading it.

Quammy said...

The Queen is more like a mascot, like Mickey Mouse. She's on the money and when she's in town everyone wants their picture taken with her.

laurie said...

The Founding Fathers actually stole American law from a whole bunch of places! A lot of it was British but a lot of it was Dutch, too! And some other countries that I can't remember right now. I got an A- in the class where I learned that, tho, so obviously I know what I'm talking about.

I.J. said...

"SAVE THE MAD COW! BUT GET HER OFF OUR MONEY!"

This Hour Has 22 Minutes was never the same without Mercer.

laurie said...

What the hell are you talking about?

laurie said...

Also, have I mentioned today that Glenn is the funniest person I know?

Internet John said...

Funniest looking! BWA-ha-ha.

(Actually know someone who laughs like that.)

Edditor said...

ect.