Tuesday, September 29, 2009

KFC

I haven't eaten KFC in a really long time and I don't know anyone who has. I remember when they had Hot Wings™ in the 80's, but my parents wouldn't let me eat them just like they wouldn't let me watch Ghostbusters or wear blue Spiderman jogging pants with my blue Spiderman jogging top like Glenn could. I also remember when they had Extra Crispy Tasty™ chicken, which was pretty good in a horrible, crusty sort of way. When I was a kid they had those really soggy fries that I liked but then they switched to the batter-coated ones under the red lights and that's why they say you can never go home to KFC again.

RATINGS: Nostalgia 79%
Quality of "chicken" 30%
Humane treatment of "chickens" 15%
Hypothetical Bucket of Just Skin™ 99%

(Image from 1.bp.blogspot.com.)

14 comments:

DCP said...

I got in trouble for watching Ferris Bueller at your house. Both of the reviews you put up today get A++++ for style.

Internet John said...

Must be all the nanofiction I've been reading since I friended them on facebook for like a day.

Internet Robyn said...

I'm pretty sure they'd get sued for including "tasty" in the name of any of their products these days. False advertising is a bitch!

Quammy said...

Have you heard about the KFC Double Down Sandwich? It's two chicken patties with bacon and cheese between them. No bread, no lettuce, just greasy chicken, cheese and bacon. I wish I was making this up.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/kfcs-double-down-sandwich,32804/

Also, your parents wouldn't let you watch Ghostbusters? That's child abuse.

Internet John said...

@ Q
"greasy chicken, cheese and bacon"

Throw a cigarette butt in their and that'd be a fairly poetic description of the general state of my cardiovascular system.

DCP said...

Throw a cigarette in their what? Chicken butt?

Internet John said...

I so don't have time for this shit.

DCP said...

R3 has been going long enough now that I feel I should tell everybody the real reason it was founded was to combat grade inflation.

Internet John said...

(Watch this)

Hey Quammy, my cutting and pasting finger is sore. You should fucking link that shit next time.

(Middle management trick I learned in Korea called "Cover your mistakes by drawing attention to someone else's, then apologize later by buying them ice cream with tomatoes in it.")

@ Q
You and me have a date at Baskin Robin's in Seoul. Bring your Hello Kitty backpack.

Quammy said...

@IJ

Instead on learning html, I took up drinking, that's why for all the cutting and pasting. I tried to tag it so it would make the link, but I gave up easily, knowing it would give you something to complain about.

P.S. You're welcome.

Internet John said...

Even a stupid monkey can write a link.

Quammy said...

Fuck You

Internet John said...

Well played, sir.

Internet Robyn said...

The Double Down is Atkin's dream come true.