Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is an insane charismatic douchebag who should not be in charge of a country. I'm not one to bat around Bushisms like "Axis of Evil" or whatever bullshit Jesus told W, but Ahmadinejad's regular denials of the Holocaust, assassination and torture of opponents, and constant attempts to build nuclear weapons are pretty major signs that he's a dangerous asshole. That said, take a look at this interview in Newsweek, and it becomes pretty clear that they're in over their heads. It's some kind of spectacle to see this guy totally take over the interview even as they try to get in the hard questions.

PS - Sorry to any readers we have in Iran; I guess this will be the last time you can probably read us.

RATING: 9%

12 comments:

Internet John said...

I thought you loved this guy. Didn't you say as much on Blog Supergroup?

Paul de Man%

Internet John said...

sweet pic tho. It really does look like him.

DCP said...

What's Blog Supergroup?

I never loved the guy, but once upon a time I thought he could be engaged in actual political discourse. Then I read more about him and apparently forgot that in America you're not allowed to change your mind once you learn more about something.

Internet John said...

Well, better a holocaust denier than a misogynist, I always say.

جان said...

من احساس ناخوشی میکنم

جان said...

هاورکرافت من پر مارماهى است

DCP said...

Well I can at least recognize my own name in Arabic without looking it up.

Internet John said...

I bow before your command of the tongues of the world. BTW, Iranians just love it when you refer to the Language of Rumi as "Arabic."

DCP said...

The scripts of both languages are virtually identical. As far as the one word I know in written Arabic goes, anyway. Did you use Google Translator for that, Noam Chomsky?

DCP said...

PS - I generally refer to the language of Rumi as "garbage."

Internet John said...

Well, he never wrote Pacific Shooter, that's for sure.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

i hear they garnish there food w/ ants over there and that there language is backward english