Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Anecdotes

Once, my girlfriend's grandfather (he's from rural Mississippi) came to visit us in Dallas. This was before caller-ID, cellphones, etc. And when he felt he had made it far enough into the city he found a payphone and called the house. Nobody was there, so he left a message: "I'm at the 7-Eleven. Come get me." Of course, there are about sixty 7-Eleven's in Dallas.


Oh, and this other time, when I was in College Station, two carnies asked me if they could borrow a couple of bucks. So I gave it to them, and the lady said, "Thanks. We're carnival folk, so you know we're good for it."


Rating: 60%

8 comments:

I.J. said...

Those ones aren't so bad. I hate the ones that explicate some idiosyncratic character trait of some asshole that you'll never meet:

"So then the waitress was like, 'You're gonna have to pay for that,' and my friend Gina was like, 'Oh no I'm not,' and you just have to know Gina she's always like, 'Unnh,'" [makes exaggerated defiant/sassy pose].

DCP said...

I have two anecdotes. One is about a pink shirt, and the other is about Kroger thinking I'm black. You're welcome, R3 visitors!

Internet John said...

I like VA's one about the bum who was picky about the kind of beer he drank.

Viking Andrew said...

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. I think I was in shock the entire walk home.

I.J. said...

That image is sexy sexy, BTW. Maybe you could crank it up a notch and post pics of white pages on which words and definitions are printed in 12 point Times New Roman font.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

i dont know wtf a anecdote is but if yall like stories you shld check out my list here

DCP said...

I would like a subscription to Dank Nug, please.

Viking Andrew said...

6. “storie about goingt o grad school or not going to grad school and then almost getting published” by: everyoe who reads this blog


I just peed my boxer-shorts from laughter.