Saturday, February 7, 2009

Post by Bjork

Before she developed a fan base comprised mostly of insane wackos, Bjork had a great dark danceable album called Post. It's a lot of angry music, but the kind of angry that makes me want to dance away the anger, not punch it away. It still holds up 15 years later, but one question I want to ask is why does every album feel that the slowest, most boring songs need to be the final songs? I mean, here we have 9 great fun tracks topped off with two boring forgettable numbers, and this is a real trend I've noticed. Anyway, let's cut out that nonsense, but feel free to check out some Bjork songs on youtube and pretend you're 15 again.

RATING: 84%

5 comments:

Viking Andrew said...

Excellent review, Glenn. Now re-write it, this time as a post by Bjork (i.e., as the writer).

John said...

I prefer to vent my anger at Bjork's retread ass-tard of a husband, Matthew "The Worst Artist in This or Any Other Universe" Barney.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

but... i am 15...

Jacqui said...

Debut is also a good album by Bjork--although it suffers the same flaw as Post. I will never understand how an album can start off with Human Behavior and then end with songs featuring single blow horn solos that sound like the moaning of a severely depressed whale, but whatever. I still love Bjork.

LipstickMom123 said...

I think you spelled Pork wrong Glenn... you guys need to BE MRE CAREFUL when you post things!