Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Reality Bites

I watched about a half hour of this movie because it was shot in Houston, but then I had to stop it before I stabbed myself to death repeatedly. The plot is some counterculture youths finish college but then they have a tough time living in the real world without compromising their radical beliefs, man. It turns out that in the hour that I did not watch they all end up sticking up for their values and saying "fuck you" to the man, but you all knew that already. The most important thing I learned from Generation X is that no matter how much you preach about corporate evil and the horrors of selling out while you're young, there will be plenty of time to sell your music to a car commercial or play an FBI agent on the most right wing show on television when you're older.

RATING: 21%

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't even recognize Janeane Garofalo. She does look like a Janis, though.

laurie said...

If there's one thing going to law school has taught me, its that there's nothing wrong with selling out.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Generation X!

John said...

Holy fuck, Ben Stiller was in Reality Bites?

I can't stand Wynona Rider, but I despise Ethan "rat face" Hawke. In Rebel Sell, the authors talk about how the same ill-conceived post-punk Generation X system of "values" probably killed Kurt Cobain. I blame Karl Marx. And heroin.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to sell out but no one is buying...damn recession.

LipstickMom123 said...

I don't think you should use the term "bites" Glenn. It's an ugly word and you are such a nice young man.