Saturday, February 7, 2009

Leo Quan Badass V Bridge

As near as I can tell, the main purpose of the Leo Quan Badass V bridge is to put $80 worth of Fancy on your bass. Lots of people laud its effect on sustain, or "attack" (whatever that means), but I've been playing bass for 12 years, and I've had the same Fender Mexi-Jazz for the last 5 of them, and to be honest I don't fretboard sometimes now. I guess I'm happy that my bass is all "modded out." If I ever meet Geddy Lee we'll have something to talk about besides whether Rush fans are better categorized as nerdwads or gaywads, so there you go.

RATING: 70%

(Image from farm1.static.flickr.com.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any escape might help to smooth
The unattractive truth
But the suburbs have no charms to soothe
The restless dreams of youth

John said...

Shut up, Geddy Lee.

Anonymous said...

Other fancy things include:

http://www.colgate.com/app/Colgate360/US/EN/HomePage.cvsp

https://www.mybedazzler.com/Default.aspx?mid=523535

http://www.witsendfarmdonks.com/images/FancyPants03a.jpg

John said...

You know, for The Internet, you sure can't post a hyperlink.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

intenret is a woman...

Anonymous said...

Your mom's a woman!

You be careful, Brent Newland, or I'll share the rest of your websites with R3.

Chris said...

What about the voice of Geddy Lee, how did it get so high? And I wonder if he speaks like an ordinary guy.

laurie said...

Who the hell is Geddy Lee? I clicked the link but it went to a comments page that I did not read.

John said...

The link goes to a forum whose discussion topic is "Is Geddy Lee a Homosexual?" Geedy Lee is the singer for the gaywad/nerdwad fusion band Rush. He uses a Fender Jazz Bass with a Leo Qwan Badass II bridge, which is a 4 string version of the bridge I reviewed here.

'Coz I know you totally care.

LipstickMom123 said...

I think you put the wrong picture with this review Jon from Canada! That's a guitar and not a bridge!

Unknown said...

This shit may be old but fucking shit, you are a slack jawed faggot with no appreciation of music. And be sure I ain't no fanboy but it's plain wrong. How many albums have you heard by the band?